Monday, December 01, 2008

KRI 12.8km Road Race Result

It's finally over and i completed my first ever long distance running.

The preparation since last month really paid off. From my 1st training till my 19th training, there were consistant improvement in every training.

As I expected, i pretty much knew that i will finish the race in about 1 and a 1/2 hour, after i monitored and analyzed the timing i clocked in through out my past training. So, for a 12.8km run, i clocked in at 1hour 30minutes 40seconds.

I manage to clock in a very good timing at the 6km mark at 40minutes 36seconds during the race, compared to my personal best timing which i clocked in during training at 48minutes 44seconds. That's 8 minutes of improvement. THANKS TO POWERBAR!

But personally, i think 12.8km run for a beginner like me is too much to handle. My last 3km was the hardest: legs were heavy, eyes were closing, breathing was hard, mentally weak = wanna give up.

But i'm glad and happy that I'm able to set a benchmark for myself for the next race. I'm looking forward for the next 10km run.

1 comment:

evelyn tea said...

I'm really proud of you.. but 10km run? I thought it is going to be a 10km walk??