Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Working out with 2 Dumbbells


After hearing training testimonies from other runners in Team Miracle Milers, I'm very convinced that I cannot improve further by just doing my runs outdoors.

I guess it makes good sense that in order for me to run in a constant speed and faster in 10k races, I need to also train my upper body. A good and strong posture will help my running.

Using an analogy of a F1 Car; Jenson Button cannot solely depends on Brawns-Mercedes engine alone. He also need to depend on a good F1 car body: spoilers and wings which creates aerodynamic effect... :-)

That is why proper training to shape my body like an F1 car is necessary to enable me to have that aerodynamic human speed.

Danny Chan, a miracle miler, is one member that i know who set aside weekends for shaping his body to become a F1 car. At least an hour for each workout... I personally notice his improvement and believe in his training method.

So what I did was to youtubed some videos on how to work out with two dumbbells (4kg each):

1. Dumbbell Rotation Exercises





2. Dumbbell Floor Press Exercises





3. Dumbbell Lunge Exercises (killer)





4. Dumbbell Lunge Press (My Fav)





I tried doing all this in 1hour... and Danny, you're right. It's better doing this in front of the TV; to take my mind away from the pain.

No comments: