Sunday, June 14, 2009

Jerebu and Training

Jerebu melanda langit Malaysia,
Salah siapa jika bukan negri Indonesia,
Segala sisa dan sampahnya ditiup bayu,
Menceroboh, menakluk negeri aku.

***

Did a 6km run the other day. I was trying to maintain a 12minutes time for every 2km, but cannot maintain it. It's very difficult.

Only manage to finish 6km in 39min 43sec.


***

Last Thursday, I wanted to try to run without looking at my watch. Just for fun, just curiously wanted to know whether running without knowing the time will push me run faster or not. The argument is, if i don't know the time, I will run faster because my guts will always tell that i'm behind time already. And because of that hunch, I may be pushing harder.

So I did a 10k for this experimental training. Started my stopwatch, put it in my arm-bag, then off i went.

Ran around Bandar Kinrara 2. IT's 2km one loop. did 5 rounds.

After 10km. took out my stopwatch. Paused the time. and looked at it:

1hr 13min 43sec....

I'm slower.

3 comments:

queen shelby said...

Its not only Indonesia to blame, Malaysian's do it to their own crops too...

Keep up the great training! I see your consistent blogs about it, I scared...

I'm gonna die next Sunday.

evelyn tea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
evelyn tea said...

Here is an untested idea: Try placing a certain timing according to the objects around you.

E.g. If you are running on the street, take the lamp posts as your reference points. Give it an extreme timing, let's say each lamp post you run past actually takes you 1 min in your average speed(but in actual time it only takes about 30secs). This will give you that mental 'push', thinking that you are actually very slow. But first you have to 'psycho' yourself to think that way la :P

Imagine if you only manage 10 lamp posts within that stretch, it means you have taken 10 minutes to finish your run (in your average and constant speed). So the thing here is to motivate yourself to run past as many lamp posts (functioning as 1 min block for each) in the shortest time as you can cover in that stretch. It's all about outdoing yourself beyond your typical average speed. Hahaha... sounds silly, I know (maybe it doesn't even make sense!)

This is just an example.. you can always improvise according to the environment.let me know if you actually try this and what is the outcome..

My untested 2cents theory :P