Thursday, September 25, 2008

From the depths of Hell.

I was supposed to write about it right after it happened but the incident was too dramatic and traumatic to write. Now after 3 weeks had passed, I’ve finally found the words to write what had happened. So here it goes:

It was showing some signs that it will soon rain while i was on my way to my hostel right after class. it was time for Lunch and i was a little hungry already.

I was contemplating whether should I 'bungkus' or eat there. But I decided to eat at the ‘medan selera’ near my Hostel at Bandar Baru Bangi Seksyen 1 because I wouldn't want to pollute the world with the Styrofoam wrapping my food.

It rained. Later, the weather got worst. It rained so heavily and the wind was blowing fiercely. This went on for like 30 – 40 minutes non-stop heavy rain. Soon it started to flood the drain. I began to notice the manhole unable to contain the water underneath – vibrates. Yes, the smell was horrible but that was not the worst part of the story.

The heavy rain, I presume flooded the drain and also the underground sewage pipe hole. And because of that, it drove out lots of RATS and COCKROAHES from the pits of hell!!!

Well, where would you think such creature will go when they are floated up by the heavy rain and fast rising flood? Where else if not into the food stall which I was eating, obviously it’s because the place I’m eating is sheltered, dry and the best of all for the dirty creatures – there was FOOD!!!!

The situation was similar with a cheap “B” grade Horror Movie – “The Attacks of Rats and Cockroaches”. Rats were on the table… cockroaches were crawling up customers pants (by the way have you seen white cockroaches before? Ya, it came out from the depths of the sewer to say HI).

It was raining, customers cannot run away. The restaurant workers were helping the customers to calm down. And the workers thought it was a good idea to kill the rats and cockroaches by hitting them with a steal rod. Bad idea. The smell of dead, wet and bloody rat made customers puked.

As soon as the rain slowed down, I immediately went to my motorcycle. Started my bike, and guess what popped out from my Jaguh’s exhaust pipe – a rat. Probably seeking dry and warm place to rest. And I think I squash one underneath my tire as I rush my way out from that place, I heard a squeaking sound in pain.

Just as I thought everything was over, as I was unpacking my bag, a cockroach crawl out from my bag. That “SiewKeong” was History.

Just watched Ratatouille two days ago. Many watch it as a comedy, to me it was horror.
.
.

No comments: