Thursday, March 20, 2008

Kerja Keras, Kerja Lembut, Kalau Malas, Disumpah Maut...

In Three weeks time my semester will end. This also mean that i will have around 3 months semester break before i go back to UKM for my 3rd semester.
As I get older, holidays during study break are no longer a time for you to relax and plan for a trip to Genting or what so ever. It is a time for you to look for a Job.
Two reasons why i need to get a short term job:
  1. It's very malu / uncool to ask from my parents pocket money now that you are 24years old (When i in need of some cash, i won't ask them, i pray that they will ask me if i got money or not.).
  2. I need job experience. Graduating with a master's paper will be as good as graduating with a degree if i don't have a lot of job experience, especially if one want to jump into the academic / teaching field.

I had my short stint as an English Teacher in a private college before i went off to UKM. That opportunity was somehow by chance i got it because it was a church member of mine who recomended. Now, if i decide to teach in colleges again, no colleges want to hire a teacher to teach for less than 3 months. They would like a teacher to be commited for the whole semester.

Last semester break i worked in an advertising firm as a copywriter. Not bad. They paid me RM500 a month. So, this semester, i am determine to do something else which will strengthen my resume eventually.

So now, the problem is: WHAT ELSE CAN A PERSON WHO GRADUATE FROM A LANGUAGE DEGREE DO?!?!

No comments: