Saturday, October 31, 2009

Run and Charity

I've not been running since Bulan Puasa. And since then, I’ve been running mostly on charity organized run.
.
The first one was organized by Sky Adventure Club of Taylor's University College; in support for PAWS Malaysia. I like dogs… I’ll even crawl for them. It was an 8km run at Taman Tasik Permaisuri. My first time running in that place, only heard about that place by Natalie Ng – the so called permaisuri runner.
.

Photo taken from 'Pause and Smile'

.

Tomorrow will be another charity run. The much publicised Terry Fox run. The purpose? To raise funds for Cancer research. I’ve heard of Mr. Terry Fox before when I was a kid. A great man… ran with only one leg and a right prostatic leg. His dead already and people are still running in his name – a hero? More than that – a legend.
.
It makes me wonder. The act of running can inspire people and even create a movement like this Terry Fox Run. I think... it is because people know that the act of running involves pain. And people react to that. People will automatically cheer for you when you are running (even if you are slow). And it is that pain that runner choose to endure that creates such catharsis towards people who are watching it. Watching people running is like watching a stage drama - audience react to it - they sympathise with the runner of the pain they are going through. But most importantly, the painful runner commands respect. And people remember such figures.

1 comment:

Mr_Wolly said...

wah seh..sure lose weight man..runnin while fastin..

fuh yeahh..full on mann..

http://www.mazawindsurfing.blogspot.com