Monday, May 04, 2009

Running with the beat

I'm getting use to it. Don't really know if it's a good thing or a bad thing but it definitely helps me to run further.

The selection of songs are important. And on top of that, the arrangement of the songs also helps my form as well.

Some of the songs I'm listening while running:

Linkin Park - Bleed it out
Green Day - Know your Enemy
Foo Fighters - The Pretender
Audioslave - Original Fire
Paramore - Misery Business
System of the Down - * the System
System of the Down - Radio, Video
Hujan - Kuala Lumpur
Hujan - Kau Pejak Hatiku
Linkin Park - It's Easier to Run
Goo Goo Dolls - Big Machine
Linkin Park - What I've Done
Goo Goo Dolls - Before it's too Late
Linkin Park - Shadow of the day
Goo Goo Dolls - Stay with You
Linkin Park - Faint

I like to start out strong, so for the first few songs, it must be songs which motivates; In other words, songs that rock with strong bass beat.

Two days ago, as time permits me, I did 4km run. Starting from the beginning of Gurney drive to Sunrise McDonalds and back to Jalan Edgecumbe. Did it in 26min 54sec. Poor timing I must say, but I felt like I can go for another 4 more kilometers.

Today, with the selection of songs listed above, I did 8km in 51min 34sec.

Next training experiment: I'll try listening to Classical or instrumental music next time and see whether it improves my running or not.

No comments: