Saturday, February 07, 2009

My 36th Training

Today suppose to be the ADUN Chempaka 6km run. Unfortunately, it was postponed to tomorrow. This is the 3rd time they had changed the time. Hence, Miracle Milers decided to boycott the run like how Malaysia Government Boycott American products…
.
It was a good thing that Team Miracle Mile decided not to go for this run. I was still recovering from coughing and phlegm. I was considering not going already anyway.

.
But since I’m now feeling much better, today I decided to run my own personal 6.2km run in UKM Campus as a replacement for the ADUN 6km run today.

.
I did this route before last year while I was preparing for 12.8km KRI run. My timing was 54minutes 12seconds. Very slow i know.

One complete run is 3.1km. So I'm planning to do 2rounds which equal to 6.2km.

Like every F1 drivers, it is important for the drivers to know their Circuit very well so that they know which tire to use, when to speed, when to slow down, which corner can speed, what gear to use for certain corners and etc etc...

Similar to my case, I need to know my running path. UKM Campus route has some obstacles need to be noted. They are:

Gangster Monkeys; Fierce, have the ability to work together and most of all they bite. They are known for their vice activities in the girls' hostel... break in into the girls room and take everything they can... They share the skills of the ancient carribean Pirates.

They are likely to hang out near the garbage area. Two places actually, one near the school of humanities and one more near school of Mathematics. With that in mind, I'll run on the other side of the road.

Slope and hill; there's one road leading to the UKM Clinic. The slope gradually build up, the angle is about 10 - 15 degree. But it is long run, about 1km. The ontehr one is the hill, a short one but the angle, according to my estimation, is about 20-25 degree, then half way, build up till 40degree angle. Here, the first round on this was okay.. still can run. But the second round on this hill was too much to handle... my back ache, and i admit, I stopped running for a while to catch my breath before continue running towards the finish line.

Cars, Buses and Lorries; Cars, is because nowadays students are mighty rich already, can afford cars to move around, even though their faculty is nearby. Buses, is because UKM bus drivers very lowly paid... you pay peanuts, you get monkey drivers, and i don't like monkey bus drivers driving around the campus while I running on the road. Lorries, is because renovations are going on around the university... that is because UKM aspire to become the next APEX University by 2020 after USM APEX contract ends.

I mention this is because there are some part of the run which requires me to cross the road. By doing this, it will definitely break my momentum/my speed. But what to do... Biar lambat asalkan selamat, right?

***

My Personal 6.2km UKM-Campus Run Result: 42minutes 06seconds

I seriously think the timing could be better lor... compare this with my run in stadium and other places, this timing is not that good lor:

6km @ 38min 46sec (33rd Training) - UKM stadium

6km @ 40min 36sec - 12.8km KRI (when reached the 6km mark timing)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Depressing man...I checked out the results from "spirit of pia's" blog. I could've ranked among the top 20 and finished with a medal :P

It's like that wan la, during training. The racing environment is not there, so very hard to clock superhuman times.