Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My 32nd Training

My previous 4km record in UKM stadium was 29minutes 46seconds. That was 2 months ago/on my 9th Training.
Back in Penang, In Westland's Field,i recorded 26minutes 30seconds.
Although I did set a personal best of 4km (25minutes 05seconds) on the Gurney Drive route, I would say that this two timing is the most legitimate ones as it was timed on an accurate track, the distance are precise.
Today's training shows alot of improvement in terms of my speed and stamina. I'm more comfortable and capable in strategizing and managing my run now.
My timing is 25minutes 45seconds for 4km run.
My target is to reach 5km in 32minutes next week and 6km in 40minutes the week after. Then, I would only set my target for the ADUN 6km RUN after chinese new year.
Oh ya, today's total Calories Burned: 450

2 comments:

Hasten said...

Actually hor, it's better to train further than the race distance that you're aiming for.

Like, if you're aiming for the 6k, train by running 10k. It's more effective strategically. You'll have more than enough gas to burn all the way in a 6k race, without fading out in the last kilometers.

Besides that...

It's more fun to calculate your 6k race pace, based on your 10k time. Cos you can sure pecah the rekod wan! Then you'll feel super encouraged :)

Andrew said...

Ok. Will try doing that.

I've just followed the runners' world "Smart Coach" Training Program. Which is helping me to meet my target for the March 10km run. That is why I'm doing 4km now according to the schedule. Maybe I'll just skip the first and the second week program and do a 5mile run.