Saturday, February 09, 2008

Switchfoot in Malaysia

At last, they finally came and rock the forgotten land of Malaya. I've always wanted to hear them live ever since i got to know them in the year 2002. How? You guess it, it is definitely through the soundtrack of the ever-famous love story movie "A Walk to Remember".
.
Their songs such as Only Hope and Dare You To Move captured my attention because i sensed a certain biblical metaphors and images in their songs. And i was right, they are a band of believers and songs by them bare some gist of Jesus in it which speaks deeply into my soul and my spiritual being. Try listening to songs like On Fire, Let that be Enough and The Shadow Proves the Sunshine: all these songs reflect the longing of an utmost superior being. In my interpretation, it gotta be God.

So, 2nd February 2008 was the day of their performance. I went. It cost me a BOMB of RM118 but it was worth it. Furthermore, this was my first concert experience and for an experience like this one, paying RM118 is considerably cheap.
.
But the one thing i don't like about concert is that you gotta stand for a long time, you have to wait for a long time and ou gotta endure the teribble smell of smelly feet and body ordour for a long time.
.
The "Beh Syiok" Face after standing and waiting for a long-long time...

.



Lay Hoon squating down, aching legs...



.

Not forgetting the event before the main event, we were entertained by the local Malaysian Band. Love Me Butch and Altered Frequency. They are good. Although to be honest, Local Malaysian Music cannot be compared with international music. I'm not saying they are not good. All I'm saying is that they are both from a different league and a whole different kind of sports, in example: You cannot compare English Premier League Football with Malaysia Hockey League isn't it? I think you got my point.



After the long wait, they came on the stage. With the opening remark by Jon Foreman saying "MARI KITA ROCK SUNGGUH - SUNGGUH!" with his 'angmoh' accent of course.
.

This concert too reminded me get a better digital camera. Of all the photos i took in the concert, nothing came out right. Damn, even the guy next to me with his latest NOKIA camera phone got a better photos than me. My camera is outdated already. No Anti-Shock, No Syiok-la.



The photos (the one with the Drum, the left one and the bottom) are courtesy from creativeclicks.com.my. Thanks to the photographer who took fantastic shots on the band.

IT was a great concert, wishing it could happen more often. It was their first concert in Malaysia. Hoping Switchfoot will perform again anytime soon. Not until i get my ANTI-SHOCK camera.

No comments: